Supported each year by individuals, communities and various organisations all over the world, this global observance aims to raise awareness of the major problem that illicit drugs represent to society.
In support thereof, DepEd Released DM 078 s. 2019. The Memorandum is as stated below and can be downloaded through the link mentioned.
DepEd Memo 078 s. 2019:
- Pursuant to the United Nations declaration dated 7 December 1987 and Presidential Proclamation No. 264, the Dangerous Drugs Board will spearhead the observance of the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking (IDADAIT) 2019 on June 26, 2019 with the theme Katarungan Para sa Kalusugan, Kalusugan Para sa Katarungan.
- The program for the national celebration will be held on June 22, 2019, 2:00 P.M. at the Vista mall Open Parking, Balanga, Bataan. Part of the IDADAIT celebration will be a fun run and Rakrakan Against Drugs, a free rock concert featuring local bands.
- The IDADAIT is an annual event observed by United Nations-member countries as an expression of their determination to strengthen action and cooperation to achieve the goal of an international society free of illegal drugs and drugs abuse.
- Office of the Department of Education in the central, regional and schools division offices, as well as schools, are encouraged to promote the event through the following:
- Putting-up of streamers/banners in strategic areas;
- Posting of the event and its them in electronic billboards, if any; and
- Participation of staff to the IDADAIT program.
- For more information, please contact the Dangerous Drugs Board through Mr. Rex P. Cammayo through email at [email protected] or mobile phone no. 0939-204-8258 and Ms. Liane Angelica M. Kalacas through email [email protected] or mobile phone no. 0923-204-8258.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
(SGD) LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES