04 NOV 2019
No. 031 s. 2019
THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION SERVICE MARKS
AND VISUAL IDENTITY MANUAL
- The Department of Education (DepEd) has developed the Department of Education Service Marks and Visual Identity Manual (DSMVIM), 2018 Edition. It contains guidelines on the specification and applications of the Department’s name, seal, and logo to produce a unified look in all DepEd communications and publications.
- The DSMVIM contains standard designs and application of the Department’s service marks. Specifically, this Manual will serve as reference for the DepEd officials, personnel, and employees on the style and usage of the Department’s name, seal and logo. It will also be useful for those involved in the production of official forms, publications, and advocacy materials in communication, multimedia and graphic creative solutions intended to enhance the Department’s strategic priorities.
- DepEd Order (DO) No. 69, s. 2003 titled DepEd Logocontains the purpose of using the official logo in school bulletin boards, publications, reports, circulars, T-shirts designed for printing, and stationaries. It also specifies other colors of the logo, which conform with the official colors of the Philippine Flag, as per Republic Act No. 8491, otherwise known as the Flag Heraldic Code of the Philippines. Therefore, the official colors of the logo prescribed in the Manual shall be adopted and followed accordingly.
- The features and colors of the DepEd seal and other provisions as described in DO 63, s. 2011 titled Department of Education (DepEd) Sealshall remain and shall be used and applied in all relevant DepEd standard templates and official documents, as specified in the Manual.
- The manual is provided in Enclosure No. 1 and Enclosure No. 2 contains the Guidelines on the Use of the DSMVIM.
- All provisions set in the Manual shall be followed by DepEd officials and personnel at the central, regional, schools divisions, district offices, and schools.
- The Department shall protect and safeguard the integrity of its official visual marks suach as official name, seal and logo. DepEd shall also guard the use of these marks against commercialization by unscrupulous entities.
- This Department shall initiate administrative disciplinary action and other legal remedies against anyone found responsible for violating any provisions in this Order.
- Guidelines stipulated in the Manual shall remain in force and in effect, unless repealed, amended, or rescinded.
- This order shall take effect upon its approval. However, the regional, schools division, and district offices, as well as public schools, may still use the remaining copies of their current letterheads, certificates, report forms, and other educational materials with the Department’s official name, seal and logo until the end of the School Year 2019-2020.
- For more information, please send an email at [email protected]or contact he Public Affairs Service-Publications Division, Ground Floor Aguinaldo Building, Motorpool Area, Department of Educaiton Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 633-9341.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(SGD) LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
DepEd Order: Nos. 69, s. 2003; 63 s. 2011; and 36, s. 2013
Highlights of this DepEd Order: