This free Automated Phil-IRI Form 1A and 1B is our response to the tedious tasks underscored with this program. DepEd Order 14 s.2018 may have revised the Phil-IRI process but it did not take into consideration its tediousness.
What is the Phil-IRI Form 1A and 1B
The Free Automated Phil-IRI Form 1A and 1B are the forms needed to accomplish after conducting the Group Screening Test. Furthermore, the Phil-IRI GST is important in order to determine a whole class’ reading level, and identify particular students who may need more assistance in performing reading tasks.
In other words, it can tell teachers whether students are reading at, above, or below their grade levels.
In addition to that, the Phil-IRI Group Screening Test (GST) is a silently-administered test in both Filipino and English. Each tool is composed of a 20-item comprehension test based on a set of leveled passages for each grade level. The GST covers Grades 3 to 6 in Filipino and Grades 4 to 6 in English. The passages were written and selected based on concept load, level of vocabulary used, sentence complexity, nature of themes and cohesion.
1) Phil-IRI Form 1A: Talaan ng Pangkatang Pagtatasa ng Klase (PPK) sa Phil-IRI
The Phil-IRI Form 1A is for the GST in Filipino. The objectives of completing and submitting this form include the following to:
- identify the types of questions(literal, inferential or critical) that each child can answer;
- classify the students that are recommended for administration of the Phil-IRI tests,
- capture the reading performance of the class, thus design appropriate classroom instruction. This form includes the class list, the itemized scores of the students according to the types of questions answered, and their total score.
2) Phil-IRI Form 1B: Summary of the Phil-IRI Group Screening Test Class ReadingRecord (CRR)
This form has the same content and objectives as the Phil-IRI Form 1A. Phil-IRI Form 1B is for the GST in English.
Video tutorial on how to use Automated Phil-IRI 1A and 1B